Monday, February 13, 2017

Noise in the silence




To Joy  is a song I created based off of "Ode To Joy" by Beethoven. McLuhan writes that "Theater takes place all the time, wherever one is. And art simply facilitates persuading one of this"(119). This got me thinking of the notion of hearing the same tunes in different places and how that even though you seem to get away from a sound it is still always right there. "Ode To Joy" was a random song I learned in piano class when I was little, and heard it all the time, from church to talent shows in elementary school. I have heard it so much that even though it has been years since I have played it, I still remembered how. I took layering different sounds of the same song started at different places to keep the idea that although it may sound different, there is no escaping the noise. I played each of the different tracks separately and layered them together by recording the start of the next one where I wanted to start the round. I think it gives it a kind of creepy feel, which for me reminds me how I am yet to escape the song, even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment