Monday, January 9, 2017

Me...


My older sister and I


Just me swimming
“How much do you make? Have you ever contemplated suicide? … Electrical information devices for universal, tyrannical womb-to-tomb surveillance are causing a very serious dilemma between our claim to privacy and the community’s need to know” (McLuhan 12) So I guess I should tell you about myself then. Hello world, my name is Eryn. Currently I am a student at Lawrence University studying mathematics and studio art. With the combination of the two, I spend a lot of time in the studio or in a room with a chalkboard. Which to be honest, I don’t really mind, I like the smell of chalk and saw dust. Outside of the classroom I am a member of the swim and track team along with Greek life in Kappa Kappa Gamma. I’ve been swimming as long as I can remember and has become a big factor in my life. My friends joke that I am more coordinated in water then on land. Although I live in Appleton 9 months out of the year, Omaha Nebraska is where I call home (and yes I have heard every Nebraska joke there is). My mom was an artist in college and was always doing art when I was young, from painting at the zoo, or on the beach. So I guess art has always been around in my life. However, it wasn’t until High School that I seriously thought about art. I mean I always enjoyed it, but it was when I finally got some formal training that I started to appreciate art more. At that time I did mostly drawing until I got a digital camera of my own. Now it has become a huge part of me as an artist, not the only part of me but a part. The rest of me I guess I’m going to leave you to figure out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eryn,

    I really enjoyed your blog, including the part where you admitted you've heard every Iowa joke that there is around :P I think it's great that you included your artwork in your blog. I really like the painting of the picture/sefie of you, that's my favorite. You share many different sides of yourself on this blog but keep many to yourself, and I think that really ties into the McLuhan quote that you included. Keep up the good work!!
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete